Friday, December 25, 2009

Sick & tired on his first Christmas Eve

Poor little Wyatt :( He's not feeling all that great. And poor Emily too, she's feeling puny as well. They both are felt badly since we've been up here at the cabin. He's still his happy smiley self, but at night he has a hard time and coughs a lot. So sad to hear! He is still nursing and eating well, and we're trying to push fluids, but he's not the biggest fan of fluids...except he was VERY interested in a Dr. Pepper can earlier! Here he is trying to squeeze out a smile in his high chair before eating his dinner...

He still had enough energy to do some clapping...

And then he just tired his little self out and had to rest his eyes...

(Just kidding - he was just blinking at the bright flash, but it totally looks like he fell asleep! If you've been around Wyatt at all you'd know he wasn't asleep because his left thumb isn't in his mouth. He's become QUITE the left-thumb sucker...he did it for many many hours on the drive up here. But at least he's not dependent on a pacifier! That left thumb is always with him! I'm not knocking pacifier babies whatsoever - supposedly I had one until I was 2...which is supposedly a big reason why I didn't talk until then...whatever.)

Here he is in his super warm soft and cute pjs from his Great Aunt Mel! I wish I could look this cute in pjs!


'Tis the Season - here are the Hoffarts sporting some fabulous Santa hats for a quick picture on Wyatt's first Christmas Eve! Right now he's responding with really cute smiles to someone singing Jingle Bells, Patty Cake, and the Itsy Bitsy Spider (only if don't correctly though...apparently I do my fingers wrong?). He's grown out of his instant-smile-stage when someone would sing the Cookie Monster song...that song is for babies, he's a big boy now!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

you may not have talked until you were two, but you definitely made up for that later in life ;)