
Here is Emily's little nativity set that I gave her. She had said a while back that she wanted one and when this set went on sale over the summer through Southern Living I had to get it for her! I managed to keep it AND remember where I put it as I waited for Christmas to roll around! Mom set it up as well as her new Santos Angel and the wreath that Em had never used because she didn't know where to put it. How handy! The picture in the frame is of Wyatt and his first visit with Santa Claus! I decided that the sheep that is up close and personal to baby Jesus represents Maxwell since he's up close and personal to well, pretty much everyone!

Last week Emily had to work a basketball game at her school. She went home during her break between school and the game to see Jacob and Wyatt. When she left the house to head back up to school for the game, a couple that worked for Grill Masters had pulled up to the house and Jacob and Wyatt were visiting with them. Emily left with the Hoffarts talking to the Grill Masters. She said the thought crossed her mind that she probably should have left under these circumstances, but she did. When she came back home later that evening, this is what she found in the freezer.

Now what you're looking at is a VERY crowded freezer. A small freezer at that. A freezer that was already full before adding the GM products, which are the packaged meats with the black casing. You see what happened was the Grill Masters go around and try to sell their meat. They must have talked to some girl scout troups or tree removal service places to find out that Jacob Aaron Hoffart is one easy sale. They explained their product, and Jacob quickly said that he's quite a "meat man" but he simply didn't have room in his freezer. The couple said they hear that excuse all the time - people say their freezers are full, blah blah blah. Jacob said, no really, my wife and I are giving each other a deep freeze for Christmas because we're that short on freezer space. Then he even went as far as to say, "you can even come up and look in my freezer. And I'll tell you what, if you can find room for it, I'll buy it." So what did the Grill Masters do? They went upstairs, looked in the packed freezer, and began stuffing it with pre-packaged steaks, filet mignons (sp???), patties, etc. etc. etc. And what did Jacob do? He paid for all of the meat they just managed to stuff in the freezer. Then he told Wyatt that he (Wyatt) needed to do a better job of not letting his daddy spend that kind of money to door-to-door vendors. Yeah right, come Girl Scout Cookie time Jacob will do it again. He claims he has a hard time saying no. You think?!?!
Emily and I moved a few things around and grouped all of Jacob's new GM purchases together. The freezer is full of meat, meat, and more meat. Oh and some of Wyatt's food (Emily makes his baby food) and a little bit of ice cream...which is the most important! There should always be room for ice cream!

No comments:
Post a Comment