Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gdad goes to Colorado...

True story - I tried to update my blog before actually traveling to Colorado but it never posted. I think it was because I was in Oklahoma...that was probably the problem. Hopefully the Oklahoma folks (you know who you are) will move soon :)

Anywho...to sum up, Gdad got the Go-ahead to go to Colorado so off we went. I drove the grandparents to Oklahoma and then we drove to CO with the Merrills and joined the Todds & Hoffarts. Good times had by all! More Currys joined us later - but we were still missing some Currys! I think Granddad surprised himself by how much he has been able to do. He has been all over the place - South Fork, Creede, North Clear Creek Falls (between Creede & Lake City), up Wolf Creek pass, went river rafting, fishing, played golf, etc. etc. etc. Talk about living it up!

Here's a pic of Gdad fishing at Big Meadow (one of my all time favorite places). He told me "take a picture of me with the snow behind me," and if you look closely you can see some snow up at the top of the mountain. There wasn't much, but I tried to get it! He was fishing, enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery and eating a granola bar. What a life!




More to come of the CO trip...there are approximately one million pictures, so it may take a while to narrow it down...

No comments: